EFI Live Autocal - Frequently Asked Questions:
Installation instructions for your Autocal device are included in the product box. These instructions can also be found at the following website link:
There will be one tune file on your Autocal device per order. Within the tune file, there will either be 4 or 5 switchable tunes using your supplied CSP4/CSP5/DSP5 switch.Each tune created for each Autocal device sold is for one specific vehicle. Please contact email@example.com if you want to tune multiple vehicles with your Autocal device with additional VIN licenses and tune files for each specific vehicle.
If error $053E appears while programming your vehicle, this means that the VIN you have submitted with your order does not match the vehicle’s VIN that you are trying to program with your Autocal. Please ensure that the VIN you submit for your order of your Autocal matches the VIN of the vehicle you are trying to program. A new tune (in .bbx file format) will need to be made and submitted to you in order to fix this issue. You will be required to upload the new tune to your Autocal following the instructions below:
Program Quick Setup
The Quick Setup is the quickest and easiest way to program all files required to make AutoCal functional.
• The data that is copied into the quick setup file includes:
• The device settings.
• The current Options.txt file which contains the controllers and PID selections.
• All required supporting configuration files (*.obj, *.pmm, *.bix and *.dtc).
• Up to 5 *.ctz and/or *.coz tune files.
This method requires your tuner to send you a *.bbx quick setup file via email.
1. Save the *.bbx file your tuner sent to the folder: \Documents\EFILive\V8\BBX
2. Connect AutoCal to your PC and open V8 Scan and Tune software.
3. Navigate in the V8 software to [F5: BBX]-[F6: Quick Setup]
4. Select [Open Quick Setup] and navigate to the directory and select the *.bbx file your tuner sent you.
5. Do not modify any of the settings defined by your tuner unless they request you to.
6. Select [Program Quick Setup] to program device settings, controller configuration and tune files to your AutoCal.
KOEO or Key On Engine Off refers to the vehicle needing to be in the “Run” key position with the engine not running in order to perform any programming or flashing. This key position turns on all vehicle specific modules without having the engine operating.
If the Autocal’s programming procedure was interrupted (vehicle turned off, battery level low, etc.), this may have caused a corrupt PCM. Please ensure that a battery charger (minimum a steady 10amp charge) is connected to the vehicle while programming to ensure battery level voltage. Once this is done, you can attempt to flash the vehicle again. If a VIN error occurs within the Autocal while programming, the vehicle must be reflashed back to stock before continuing. We do not offer stock tune files, this must be done at the dealership level.
No, the tunes within the Autocal are only switchable using the supplied CSP4/CSP5/DSP5 switch at this time.